Many audiovisual and cinema celebrities recently affirmed support to the respsecting of human rights . “Much has been done, but we need to do more and do so quickly”.
The Special Project “Social Cinema Forum 2019 – Respecting the Human Rights” wants in fact to focus on the respect of the human rights, topic that is right now discussed more than ever, considering the political-social situation of this times. Inequality, discrimination, slavery, torture, death penalty, exploitation in work, violence against women and children, censorship, repression of dissent, war, persecution: trying to fill up the deepest gap that separates the ideals of the humans rights from the realities that violet them, is what today has to be done, following the same Universal Declaration of Human Rights that this year is going to turn 71 years. The Special Project “Social Cinema Forum 2019 – Respecting the Huma Rights” wants to call the international medias and the common sensibility to look at the topic that has to be the basis of every human relationship: the respect of the human being as a citizen and a free person, with specific rights that has to be defended, even if sometimes it doesn’t happen, in a society that doesn’t show so frequently positives changes regarding it. We ask filmmakers to describe present times, share stories of people, images and suggestions on this subject. The contest is open to filmmakers from all over the world.
1. Participation in the contest entails full acceptance of the regulations as stated below. The Author guarantees the comformity of the material supplied stating that he/she is the sole author and exclusive owner of the work. The author also assures that screening of the work does not violate the rights of others in part, or entirely.
2. Works must be original or produced from August 1st 2018 to June 30th 2019, in Italian or with Italian subtitles and must have a running time of more than 10 minutes, including credits.
3. Authors must are the creators and exclusive owners of the pieces submitted.
4. Participation in the contest is free of charge.
5. Participants must send a video link of their material exclusively to the following email address email@example.com by June 30th 2019, attaching a pressbook (with technical sheet and the possible attendance of other festivals) and cv with their contacts (email and phone number). Submissions made by any other means, will not be accepted.
6. Authors of the works that have been selected for the finals, will be notified by July 7th, 2019.
7. Pieces that arrive later than the date communicated or submitted by means other than those indicated in point #5 will not be accepted for consideration.
8. Non-compliance of any of the rules outlined in these guidelines will constitute reason to be excluded from the contest.
9. Submitted works will be initially reviewed by the members of the organization.
10. A maximum of 15 finalists will be chosen. Their work will be judged by a jury of professional filmmakers – writers, producers and directors – who will decide the winner.
11. The prize consists of a screening of the short film during the Ischia Global Fest. The author will be invited by the organization to attend.
12. If matters not specifically covered by the contest rules should arise, the organization’s decisions will prevail.
13. Treatment of personal information of the participants in the contest is considered to be confidential and will only be used by the organizers in connection with the 2019 contest.
- elimina download the form
- elimina la selezione